California Governor Gavin Newsom issued absurd new rules for gatherings in the State.
The governor might have missed all of the previous “gatherings” in the State as he announced that outdoor gatherings are now permissible with few mandatory guidelines.
The State’s Department of Health released a ridiculous reminder that all Californians are still mandated to stay at home except for permitted work, errands, local shopping, or as authorized.
It was comical, to say the least, since no one has ever listened to the guidelines since May.
Weddings, but not receptions, are now allowed if conducted outdoors. Yet before that, couples needed to get it approved first, Guidance for Places of Worship or Cultural Ceremonies.
The mandatory requirements for gathering outdoors are as follows:
- Attendees must not be from more than three separate households.
- The Host must gather the names and contact information of all attendees. The information will be used if contact tracing is needed.
- Attendees can go inside an establishment to use the restroom. The restrooms need to be frequently sanitized.
- An “outdoor space” is anything covered by canopies, umbrellas, roofs, awnings, and other shade structures with a minimum of three sides of the space (or 75%) opening towards the outdoors.”
- People cannot go from one gathering to another if there is more than one gathering in a public place.
- During the gathering, one household must maintain six feet distance from another household.
- Guests should frequently wash their hands.
- The gathering should be no more than two hours.
- No potlucks –single-serve containers must be used for food, and the server must be wearing a mask.
- All guests must wear masks and can only be removed to eat or when there are “urgent medical needs,” such as using an asthma inhaler.
- Singing, shouting, and chanting, are strongly discouraged, yet if non-avoidable, guests must be wearing a mask during the activity.
- Instrumental music is allowed, but wind instruments are discouraged.
With these restrictions, it’s very likely the Californians will ignore them again. If you can’t make them stay home, how can you make them follow the new mandate?